I have created a business project that requires an incoming mail server. I can see this can be set up to come from my own email address however i need it to come from a shared mailbox. Is this possible?
Hi @Corin Stabler
I think it is back to the reason why the business project needs an incoming mail server. You can configure if the incoming mail server is used to create an issue and/or just add comments to the issue.
If to create a new issue, I would suggest having a dedicated email address as Jira will process each email. If it is just to add comments, I think you can use a shared mailbox as Jira will only add comments if an issue key is found in the email subject.
For more information, you can refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email.
Thank you,
Marini
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.