Hello,
I am a MS Project Server user looking to manage waterfall projects in Jira and BigPicture. In MS Project you can create a project template which has a full work breakdown structure with tasks and subtasks, predecessors and successors and durations, and use that to create a project.
In trying to use BigPicture, I created a Waterfall box, and then tried to create a Task List for it, and it would only allow me to enter the name, and a lead and lag time for it. No other fields, no dependencies, no tasks and subtasks, just a list of tasks at the same WBS level.
Can BigPicture be used to manager waterfall projects using the same type of WBS that Project Server can. It's of little r no use to me if its just a big list of tasks at the same level with no other information. What's the best process for managing waterfall projects in Jira? I'd like to use it to manage both types of projects so there is a single source of data for reports. Waterfall projects will always continue to exist despite the claims of all Agile purists.
Thanks, Ray Wohltman