Hi,
I've been having some issues trying to migrate from our existing Team-Managed project to a Company-Managed project. I've tried all kinds of things found on the Atlassian forums and have ran into road blocks with everything.
- Exporting from the Team-Managed and attempting to use the External Import functionality results in attachments not working properly in the new Company-Managed project.
- Even tried manually updating the CSV file to contain a username + PAT combo for ensuring the attachments are properly ported over, but that did not work.
- Moving issues between boards would be ideal; however, no matter what I try to do, the Acceptance Criteria field is always deleted. My new board has the proper workflow in place and Acceptance Criteria is a field defined on all of the issue types, so not sure why this field gets deleted.
I'm now embarking down the following path:
- Export all issues from Team-Managed Project to CSV.
- Move issues from Project A to Project B with JIRA's default functionality.
- Cross-reference original CSV file to find moved issues and use the RESTful API to update each of the moved issues with the original Acceptance Criteria that gets deleted when moving between projects.
Not the biggest fan of this approach and was hoping there was an easier way to do this migration; however, I've been spinning my wheels for over 2 weeks now so I was hoping someone may have some insight into this.
Thanks,
Brennan