I have created many dashboards in both Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud. I have come to the conclusion Jira dashboards may be more complete in that each gadget in the Jira dashboard has a consistent container-level refresh control... just to the right of the Minimize/Maximize control. Confluence has neither of these.
In various circumstances, both of these controls seem to have equal importance and represent equal delta functionality between Confluence and Jira dashboards. The inability to expand/minimize content, as well as being able to refresh a single gadget in a consistent manner tends to lead me to leverage identical dashboards in both Jira and Confluence, and to use them as best fits the occasion; I find the need for both... and I wish I could settle on a single solution, namely Confluence.
Confluence has refresh controls in some - but not all - of their gadgets, and the controls are inconsistent. Furthermore, Confluence does not support expanding/minimizing the gadgets either (or at least I've not discovered that capability so far). I think I understand why, but comparing the capabilities of both dashboards leave both wanting in various circumstances; for example, there's no way currently to imbed a Confluence document within a Jira dashboard.* This is surprising missing functionality, and it's probably the #1 driver for me to create dashboards in Confluence rather than Jira.
Am I missing something here? Does anyone know of any plans to bring both dashboard platforms up to feature/function parity? Or am I missing some key knowledge regarding dashboard functionality?
* There is a way to perform some AWS shenanigans to get Confluence page contents to be displayed within a Jira dashboard... but - quite frankly - such feats of magic should not be required; there should be a simple prescribed method of imbedding Confluence pages in Jira dashboards, but at present there isn't, unless something has changed recently.