Good morning, how do I split the components into separate swim lanes for viewing on the Kanban board? Thanks!
Hi @Natalie Owo and welcome to the Community!
It appears that components are not a predefined option for swimlanes in a board. You can work around that by using queries as an alternative and define swimlanes for each component like that.
In this example, I have a project with 2 components (hardware and software). In Board settings > Swimlanes I selected the option to Base swimlanes on queries and then defined the following settings:
The result is a swimlane per component on the kanban board.
The downside of this approach is that you have to manually define a query for each component, but as long as you don't update the list every couple of days, it might work.
Hope this helps!
Hello,
Thank you for your response! Looks like I am unable to do the above as I am presented with error message "Contact a Jira or Board Administrator to configure this board.".
I have also attached a picture for reference!
Thanks,
Natalie
You should be able to see who your board administrators are on the general page (i.e. the first option in the list on the left of your screen), @Natalie Owo
The 2 administrators are revieing the same message.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.