Hi Everyone,
I have a team that installs our software products. They are good but as we scale I am offering them a way to reduce manual project management. I am trying to move them from Excel to Jira to manage their projects. One of the exercises they do is capacity planning. They do not do capacity planning like dev teams based on story point. They calculate the number of hours an individual can work in a month. Then they manage who has time to work on what in Excel. The nice thing is their steps, are for the most part, predicable and repeatable, meaning we have a general idea how long it takes in hours. Is there a way in jira to a) assign a user a total number of hours they can work per day b) keep a running tab of how much hours they have left if we assign them a subtask which has original estimate filled? Then in the plan view, if i over allocate a person, the line item would highlight so I know this person is overallocated? The sub-tasks also have a start and end date so we can find out the total number hours that subtask would take and then subtract from the person's capacity for those days sequentially.
Thanks,
W