Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me where I can find the New Feature issue type on Jira Premium. Do I have to activate it somewhere or do I have to create it...
Thanks
Hello @Ismail Sanni
Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Are you working with a Software, Service, or Business project? That will be shown below the project name at the top of the navigation pane.
The "New Feature" issue type is included in Jira natively for use in Company Managed projects. It may not automatically appear in a given project. Company Managed projects have Issue Type Schemes assigned to them automatically at creation based on the project template selected. If your project did not utilize a template that included that issue type, then it would not be available in the project. You would need to modify the Issue Type Scheme used by the project to add the additional issue type.
Note if the Issue Type Scheme is shared with other projects, those other projects would also be impacted.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
Thanks for your reply,
I work on company managed projects and I work on both Software and Business projects.
I have checked all the schemes, but I can't find the "New Feature" issue type.
Is there a possibility that a previous admin deleted it or changed its name?
@Trudy P Claspill I think i just got confused.
The Epic can be a new feature right?
You will only see Issue Type Schemes for the projects that have been created. If you did not yet create a project using a project template that included the New Feature issue type, you would not see it in any of the existing Issue Type Schemes.
If you go to the gear icon (near your avatar) and navigate to Issues > Issue Types, do you find New Feature listed there? That is where all the issue types that have been defined for use in Company Managed projects are listed. This can include issue types that do not appear in any current project's Issue Type Scheme.
If you see the New Feature issue type there, then you can add it to your project.
Epics are a unique type of issue. Jira includes functionality that is specific to the Epic issue type. New Feature is not the same as Epic. The built-in New Feature issue type is processed in the same manner as the built-in Story, Bug, and Task issue types.
I went to the location and there is no New Feature there. It's kinda strange and confusing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.