I just installed Forge CLI ( forge --version outputs 6.1.0 ) on windows and running through the setup it keeps showing WARNING about version of Node JS:Warning: Forge CLI currently supports Active LTS or Maintenance LTS releases of Node.js only. Update Node.js from version v18.12.1 to an LTS release to continue using Forge CLI. Learn more about LTS releases at https://nodejs.org/en/about/releases.When I run node --version the output is: v18.12.1
but when I go to the link metioned in the warning there is that version 18.X is LTS and even when I check on Node JS site (https://nodejs.org/en/) there is 18.12.1 LTS ---
Technical details summary:
forge version: 6.1.0
node version: 18.12.1
system: windows
Hi Lukus,
I had the same problem. I tried installing the current version and got a similar message. I tried uninstalling node and chocolatey and reinstalling. Finally, I decided to download and install the previous version (after removing node again). That worked perfectly.
https://nodejs.org/en/download/releases/
https://nodejs.org/download/release/v18.12.0/
I am guessing that the new version works but was just throwing a warning because it is so new. But backing up one doesn't hurt.
Dan
Nice that Dan found that workaround of rolling back to 18.12.0.I have the same symptom on Ubuntu (22). Since I am managing the node.js installations with
nvm install --lts
, I will rather wait for Atlassian to fix this minor bug.
Thanks a lot,I know it works just fine but seeing the warning everytime is annoying.Also yes to get rid of the problem I can downgrade but that is workaround not the correct way to solve this.I posted this in hopes that somebody from atlassian notices this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.