Hi, I would like to know for automation. I have 3 different epic name and want create subtask with a specific name, I try to use the same value with my epic's name but it's still fail to create the subtask automatically
@Rico Suhanta,
Can you please clarify what you are trying to do? It's not clear from your post. A screenshot of the current automation rule configurations would help too.
Thanks,
Kian
So I want to crate this type of automation rules. Where I create a task and the epic name is 'Data Visual' It will create a sub task. But it always fail for the second condition. Any insight of this?
Hello @Rico Suhanta and welcome to the Community!
I am not sure what your automation rule looks like, but if you are looking to create a sub-task in an Epic and to use the name of the Epic in the sub-task you could do the following configuration:
When you add an action, select the "Create sub-tasks" option, then the "Add fields" option. For the summary field (or any other text field), click the triple dots on the right side of the field and select "Copy From", then click on the bold values to change to "Epic Name" and "Trigger Issue".
Hope this Helps
The issue is that Tasks don't use the Epic Name field. That is a field reserved for Epic Issue types. Try switching it to the "Epic Link" field instead.
Can you guide me step by step using picture? For example if I create task with Epic Name of 'Data Visual' then it will automatically create Sub Task
Hello @Sam Nadarajan Thanks for the response. But the case is not when I create Epic
I already have some epics with a specific name is 'Data Visual'
When I create Task with Epic Name 'Data Visual' I want the sub task is create automatically.
Thanks for the response, You didn't give me much to go on so I took a stab on the trigger but you aren't fixed to that trigger if that's not what you need.
If you change your "Issue Fields Condition" to an "Advanced Compare Condition" and use the smart value {{issue.epic.Epic Name}} for comparison it should work (just worked for me).
Keep in mind that with this approach the rule will only create the sub-task if you set the "Epic Link" field on the Task that you are creating. Tasks that are created with no association to an Epic (as you illustrated) won't create the subtask.
Hope this helps
Hi, I try that but it didn't suceed. Below the audit log
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.