Hi,
Could someone tell me how to get the user ID of a specific user or all users?
Thanks,
Daniele
Hi Daniele - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
If you are a Site Administrator - and you are if you have a Free account, then go to Settings (cog icon in the upper right) and select User Management.
Then click on the user you want to see the ID for.
In the URL, you will see the Account ID at the end of the value. It will be after /users/
Hi @Daniele Terragni , here is what I do...
Go to advanced JQL search by clicking in the search bar and then selecting advanced issue search. Enter something like assignee = fred and it will convert to the ID.
Hey @Daniele Terragni, and welcome to the community!
In my opinion, the easiest way to identify a userID is to create a new JQL search, something like "reporter =" and selected the wanted user. The JQL search will convert the user name to the ID automatically. Is that already helpful?
Best, Max
Hi John. Thank you for replying me. Unfortunately I don't see User Management under my Settings menu:
Hmm, that's strange if you are really on a Free account. Did you set up the instance or did someone else?
Someone else. In practise I'm a simple user in Jira, but I'm studying the integration with an external Test Management tool. That's why I need to see the user IDs: I need to map them to the user IDs of the other tool.
BR,
Hi Jack. I tried your solution, but it doesn't work: I always see the username I typed.
Instead, if I type only a part of the username, a list of corresponding existing username appears below and if I select the one I'm interested in, then its ID is shown.
Better than nothing, but my ideal needing is: I would like to get a list of all users (based on an appropriate filter), together with their user IDs.
Hi Max. I tried your solution (same as Jack's one), but it doesn't work: I always see the username I typed.
yes I should have elaborated on typing and selecting from the auto-complete.
Given your ideally stated requirements, I would recommend you create a filter that includes each of the users you're looking for in the assignee or reporter or similar user field and then export your list including those fields. The exported list will provide the user IDs.
Thank you Jack. This way it works.
Here is another method.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.