Hi there, apologies in advance if I am getting my terminology wrong, but I think this question relates to both standard JIRA tickets as well as Jira Service Management (I don't have much familiarity with the latter, but it seems to be guilt on top of JIRA and is probably relevant to my question(s) below.
I'm very, very used to standard JIRA queues used by teams in may last several jobs, but am very new to dealing with tickets generated through a "service portal" such as we have now. It seems those types of portal/helpdesk-generated tickets still can be viewed in a standard JIRA queue of sorts... but the permissions on them seem much tighter (as a person working the queue, I can see all the tickets, but others in the company have no visibility).
I have two primary questions:
- I'm wondering if JIRA/JSM supports opening up permissions for a queue by default to be fully visible to everyone else in the organization, while maintaining the ability to lock down individual tickets as needed if they have sensitive info. Bonus points if the ticket creator can indicate that need for lockdown upon creating the ticket.
- I'm wondering if certain ticket types can be locked down so only a certain group/category of users can create them. (For instance, say we have a general help desk queue, but in order to open a certain type of escalation, you have to be in a select usergroup that is allowed to do that type of escalation).
Hope those questions make sense!