I work for an organization that builds software. My specific role is that of a Configuration Management Specialist. It is our function to take snapshots at points in time (figuratively of course) for the sake of establishing baselines. I need to be able to capture a set of Jira issues at a point in time A and compare another set of Jira issues at a point in time B.
The comparison will be those Issues/Bugs/User Stories, etc. that were initially Approved to Work vs those that were Approved by Management to Deploy.
Just short of affixing a bunch of labels to the individual Issues, is there any way that I can extract this data specific to the Jira issues for each individual time segment in order to see what was eeither added or what was removed from the Sprint?
Are there Jira fields with relevant values that can be queried to achieve my goal? I have witnessed that Comment-type fields cannot be queried by JQL, right?
Incidentally, this activity occurs after the Sprint has been migrated to Production and the times of interest will be in the Past. Thanks in advance.