I have an insight object field in Jira called Primary Affected CI. I have set this as a required field within my project. I have a bit of an issue with a Zendesk integration as this is not able to display the Insight field when creating an issue, so agents are unable to create the issue due to the required field being empty (as it isn't even able to be displayed on the screen). I've reached out to Zendesk but no dice.
One way around this for me would be to be able to set a default value against this field in the event that the field isn't displayed on the screen - but I can't seem to locate an option for this.
Has anybody else had success in setting a default value for an insight field in Jira? I've seen options for using Automation to update the field but was hoping to only use that as a last resort.
Thanks