Yesterday added Confluence Cloud (free) to our account. When I go to the home page and click create, I get an error:
We can’t create a page for you
You don’t have the right permissions; talk to your admin about adjusting them.
This is very surprising since I'm the user who added Confluence. I am an Org Admin in Jira so should have full permissions. Looking at my own profile, I'm in the site-admins group for 3 products, including Confluence, which says I even have control over billing.
But I checked and indeed, it did not automatically add me to Confluence groups. I am now in the confluence-admins and confluence-users groups (which I think is redundant, but admins alone didn't grant me access). I can get to billing, see it's the Free tier and there are a total of 6 users that I added.
Yet I still get that error, can't create.
What permissions could I possibly be missing?
How do I troubleshoot further?
I note it was a rough start. After adding Confluence yesterday, I got some auth redirect loop for a the rest of the day. Then I couldn't get past the welcome screen, there was a bug that wouldn't let me proceed. This morning the welcome screen changed, so I suspect there was an ongoing feature deploy that broke. Not sure if that is affecting my account, but I can't get support due to this being the free plan.