I have 11 company-managed projects and am trying to get them all to use the same workflow: "SE Standard Workflow". We mainly use Kanban with a backlog.

Working: When issues are transitioned from Any Status to Done, the resolution is correctly set to Done, but can be edited further while in the Done status to Duplicate, Won't Do, etc. When the issue is moved back to the other statuses, it also clears the Resolution correctly (I added these post functions to all statuses except Done).
The problem lies with creating a new Issue. When created, it starts with a Resolution of Done and is put in the Backlog status. To quickly fix this issue, I have implemented a Clear Resolution All -> Itself as recommended on the best practices for resolution field article. I have also tried setting a post function on the Create transition to clear the Resolution field:

Why does this configuration create issues that have a Resolution set to done?
Another thing I have attempted is creating a Resolution screen with the Resolution field, and associating it to the Workflow via a Default Screen Scheme using the Issue Operation "Edit Issue". This caused some of our added fields, namely Components and Fix Version to be uneditable or simply not appear when editing a card. It did resolve the issue of created cards having a resolution of Done, but I'm not sure exactly how it did this.
Note: we do not want a screen transition from Any Status to Done to set the Resolution. We want to default it to Done, but be able to set it to Duplicate, etc if it's a special case of Done resolution.