I am trying to clone an issue and reporter value is being copied from original issue.
I want the current user value (myself) to be the reporter . I even have Modify Reporter permission even.
Am i missing anything? Can anyone help me on this
Hi @Vineela Durbha - By default cloning will clone everything, including reporter and there's no native way to simply "untick" the Reporter field. However, there are a few workarounds:
Hi @Vineela Durbhaif you are open to use apps, our app Issue Templates for Jira Cloud does exactly what you need. After installing the app you will have an additional option in the actions menu on issue view called Recreate issue (you will find it above the Clone option).
It simply clones the issue on your behalf, so you will become a Reporter. It can also clone stories, sub-tasks, links and other issue elements.
Recreate issue action is available right away after installing the app, no configuration is needed.
This worked
This worked @Mark Segall
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.