I've read quite a few posts on this, and none of them directly answer my question. So I'm hoping someone has a good solution here...
I have a project where I'm using workflow and automation rules to create sub-tasks. We're capturing approvals through these, and it is a highly regulated process. The automation and workflow to create the sub-tasks and adhere to the process work beautifully! The workflow transitions that set the fields used by automation rules to create the sub-tasks can be executed by users in the proper role. And then we're using the automation account to create the sub-tasks with rules.
However, the option manually "Create Sub-Task" is still there, and that really messes things up. I need to either block it entirely or figure out a way to fire a message to users to NOT manually create sub-tasks.
This looks like an option: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-hide-create-sub-task-button/qaq-p/2062716
But what I really want is a permission to 'create sub-tasks' that I can assign to roles. Then users that aren't admins won't / shouldn't see the create sub-task button. And the automation account still has permissions to create sub-tasks using workflow rules.
Is this possible? Is there a way to create a permission tied to 'create sub-tasks' to prevent this? Or is the only way to do this using scriptrunner per the post above? Or is there another option I just haven't found yet?
Thanks! Noah