How can I use Bulk edit to add EPIC link on Stories that has no EPIC link?EPIC link is not possible to select when doing Bulk edit:
Hi @Erik Sundberg and welcome to the Community!
I have done a quick test in a demo environment of mine and I am perfectly able to bulk update the Epic link field.
My guess is that your list of issues contains one or more issues for which the Epic link cannot be modified because:
Try to limit your selection to e.g. issues from the same project to make sure you can perform a consistent update.
Hope this helps!
Hello @Erik Sundberg
Welcome to the community.
Can you confirm whether you are working with issues from a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? When you are viewing the project that contains the issues, at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left it will say Team Managed or Company Managed.
The Epic Link field is not applicable to issues in Team Managed projects. In those project the equivalent field is Parent.
Thanks for your answer Walter!!
I'm quite sure it is not those type of restrictions. What Im doing is simply withint one project. Taking a Story with about 10 subtickets. Making the Story into an EPIC and then want to move the Subtickets up to be Stories beloning to the the EPIC.Bulk edititing the Subtickets to become Stories worked out nicely.
But when wanting to Bult edit the EPIC link field simply does not show up as a field to bulk edit. Also when reading on the info from Atlassian for the bulk edit EPIC link field does not show up.
I'm working in JIRA cloud environment.
I do not know if you would be able to share some screen/snipe shots of your process of bulk editing since you do it in a demo environment?Many thanks for your willingness to share experiences.
Thanks Trudy for your input
Company Managed Cloud JIRA environment.
Hello Erik,
You don't appear to have answered by question.
I didn't ask about the hosting of your environment (i.e. Cloud).
I asked about the type of your project; Company Managed or Team Managed. That information is displayed at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left when you view the project.
Hi Trudy.I did answer : "Company Managed" on the line before the extra clarification that it is Cloud. Sorry for me causing confusion by adding one extra bit of information that you did not ask for.
Many regards Erik
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.