I just want to delete a test project, but I can't find a 'Delete' button anywhere in administration (nor in the documentation).
Hi David ,
For deleting a project you need to first signin as an administrator , when you view the projects there is an operation to delete the project .
I am in the administrators group. But when I go to "My name"->Administration->Projects, I see all the projects, but only an "Edit" link next to it.
This is onDemand, not the downloaded version, so my screen looks just slightly different from yours.
Well, I just found the weirdest way to solve this issue. If I go to the projects section mentioned above there's no delete option for me, but if I go to the administration section->Issues Tab->Projects, there's a 'Go to general projects list', which takes me right back to the same place I was before, but this time there's a delete option.
Weird, buggy, but I got the delete option to show up.
May be you need to be a jira system administrator to do that , the jira administrator in on demand has some less permisions than the jira system administrator .. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Managing+Global+Permissions#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin
Interesting, I checked that page, but there's no such thing as "Jira System Administrators' for me:
There's two layers of Jira administrators - I think of them as "root" and "day to day admin". Root can do things like destroy the attachments and indices, mess up mail servers and so-on - system level stuff. I don't think OnDemand users get that level of access (which is sensible, because you can trash your entire install!).
Day-to-day admins are "Jira Administrators" as you've seen above. They should be able to delete projects, so make sure you're in there (although, to see that page, I suspect you have to be in the group in the first place!)The delete button should be on the project's admin page - where you set all the schemes.
The reason I couldn't delete ended up being that I had removed access to one application that was enabled when I created the project. When I added that application to my account again I was then able to delete successfully.
I'm in the same bog. I'm utterly confused.
I'm owner of the organization, so I should be the right kind of Admin. There is no project list.
Yes, even though I am account owner, I didn't have the right permisions by default and after I all Admin groups, the options still weren't available until much later (at random -- no logging back in or anything that would explain it).
No wonder everybody has problems. The system is set up by default for account owners not to have the right settings.
this version of Jira is even worse than the standard unintuitive old version we became familiar with. The assumptions that Atlassian developers make baffle me.
Can someone supply screen shots to help me navigate to the delete projects button!
I found the button by going to a Project then choosing Project Settings. I get a Details page with the Delete button on the upper right.
As of Aug 2, 2019On the Project Settings page: the 3 little dots in the upper right corner has only ONE menu item that appears after you click on it: Delete Project.
I had the same frustrating problem, see my attachment...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.