I am trying to have customers upload documents into a specific field that is set in jira service management. ANy idea how I can accomplish this?
Thanks
@Ryan Sherman
Hi Ryan:
What do you mean by uploading documents into a field. By default, one will just use the "attachments" field operation to associate documents to an issue.
Please clarify your ask, so we can better assist you?
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Ryan Sherman ,I’ve never seen solution like this, attachments were always uploaded into the issue.
Please, why is not possible to use OOB functionality? Why do you need them in a field? Thank you.
maybe i dont know how to do it.
What im wanting to do is create a custom field on an issue where soemone would upload to satisfy that field. I want to make it a requirement to upload.
For example I have a field that says
Individual Service Plan
I want to upload the ISP to this particular field and make it a requirement for a customer.
@Ryan Sherman -
As per your update, your ISP field is simply a custom field (there is no custom field one can create as "attachment" data type) associated with specific data types (i.e. text, single select list etc..)
In this case you can just make your custom field as required in the Request Type configuration, so users will have to populate the field when creating an issue.
Hope this helps.
is it possible to make the upload a requirement?
Yes. You can just make "Attachments" field (out of the box) required in your Request Type configuration. Take a look of the images below, you can get an idea on setting it up
1) Making Attachment REQUIRED.
2) This is what user will see in the portal where Attachment is now mandatory for request submission.
Best, Joseph
yes that does, Thank you Joseph!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.