I have many stories which have 3 subtasks each. How to create a common template to use it repeatedly.
Welcome to the Community, @Sunitha Kiranmaye
Does the Story should be also a part of the template or do you need templates just for the subtasks?
Hi @Christopher Skoropada _Appsvio_ I need templates for subtasks alone.
Jira doesn't have a template feature but there are apps on The Marketplace that can help you. You can try this one: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224664/easy-issue-subtask-templates-for-jira-epics-checklists?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
It's free for up to 10 users.
Hi @Sunitha Kiranmaye
Without knowing the depth of how you'd like to use issue templates, I can recommend a couple of ways.
You could potentially use Automation for Jira and use something like this:
You could then insert a template text into the description of said issue. This is a basic example, but you're able to get quite "fancy" with it if you wish. For example, you could add more conditions based on certain issue fields within a particular issue type (i.e. story) whereby it prefills different field data when those conditions are satisfied.
The only issue with this approach is that the Description template text overrides what the end-user types when creating the issue. So that is something to consider.
You could create a standardized template of a user story with associated template sub-tasks.
Then simply clone the user story and work on it that way when the situation arises.
There are many apps on the Atlassian Marketplace that you could as an add-on that would allow you to customize and repeatedly use common templates for different types of issues
Some of those apps are:
I'm sure there are more if you search the marketplace. Those apps I've listed are just the one's I found from a quick search, so I thought I'd drop them for ease of reference and to get you started if you're interested in pursuing this option.
Hope it helps!
Hi ChristopherI tried the similar way to create subtasks template but when I try to create it to my story this error appears up
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.