I am having trouble mapping fields using option 1 from this article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-import-components-into-jira-issues-720418562.html
I have Key and Summary but do not have an option to map them. I attached a screen shot of map fields screen
Does anyone have any ideas on how to help with this?
I am trying to Bulk create components
You don't need to use "Map the field value" for this process for any of the fields.
Where that article says "map the fields" it just means completing the step on the screen you pictured where you select the Jira fields to which your CSV columns are being mapped.
Hi @Amanda Busiello I think you are trying to create Components in Bulk.
Create csv file as suggested in Document, if you are using existing Test issue, then select Issue Key JIRA field for Key column, no to check Map this field and same for Summary field but for Components you have to check Map this field and try to import. It should work.
If you creating a new issue, then no need to select/map Issue key but Summary and Component/s you have to map.
It's better you create one test issue for importing component/s then select Issue key ,Summary , Component in JIRA field and check only Components map field value.
Thanks
V.Y
what if the field is required?
where i was running into issues is it wouldn't let me hit "next" without mapping the summary and issue key
You have to select a field in the "Jira Field" column (the red box). You don't have to check the box that says "Map field value" (the blue box).
it keeps creating new issuetypes
got it, I did this, but an issue was created and not the component. Any thoughts on why? I didn't map anything but component
Hi @Amanda Busiello First you must have JIRA Admin permission and then go to "External System import" .
Create one Test issue in the project in which you want to new Components. Copy that Issue Key and paste in CSV file in " Issue Key' column, copy the summary of that issue and paste in Summary column and add new Components in Components column.
Please find attached screenshots.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.