Hello,
My company has a team that is responsible for customized software installs of a product we own. Currently that team manages all their tasks via spread sheets. They do a good job, but they would consider using a tool that would help them with the project management. I have used BPMN tools for something like in the past but am considering Jira since we already have a cloud account. I looked up how others would solve this problem and nothing really fits my use case perfectly.
Here is my exact use case. Sales person calls the install team on Monday and says "I'm close to signing the contracts for Client A, be ready to kick off the install phase in the near future. don't know when exactly." The install team has two sets of work: a bucket of known and repeatable steps and a second bucket of unknown steps that is discovered in one of the steps from bucket 1. Then on Wed, a different sales person calls and says that Client B is about to sign their contract. the install team has the bucket 1 but a different bucket 2.
Asking the install team to create same user stories/tasks for Client A and Client B is a turn off to use Jira Software. Asking them to clone and move issues is also not viable. I also looked using Jira Work Management and that is just Jira Software with another skin on top of it. I need a way to quickly setup bucket 1 for them for each new client. They understand that they would need to create issues for bucket 2
Any one use Jira for this use case?