Hi there,
I read the following article indicating how to use the Office Connector for Confluence Ondemand and how to edit MS-Word documents directly from a Confluence page and then save the changes back into Confluence and overwrite the same file in Confluence, which does accelarate collaboration on MS Office documents using Confluence, as follows:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF41/Installing+the+Firefox+Add-On+for+the+Office+Connector
but I have an issue when saving the MS-Word document after editing, the details are as follows.
Scenario: when I try to edit a MS-Word document stored inside a page in one of my spaces on Confluense, I am able to open the document and visualize it using the application NeoOffice which is installed on my MacBook Pro, but after I make a couple of changes and I try to close the NeoOffice, then application NeoOffice asks if I want to save the document (obviously because of the changes made to the document).
Issue: when I select to save it with the changes, hoping it will be saved back to Confluence where the original document is stored and where the document actually comes from, but I get the following error:
"[!] Error saving the document RFQ1149LogiCoverLetter: General Error. General input/output error".
I followed the exact instructions but I am not sure why I have problems to save the document back to Confluence.
Environment: I am using the Confluence Ondemand (hosted by Atlassian) and I am using the Office Connector that comes with it. My machine is a Apple MacBook Pro running OS X (Lion), and I am using the web browser Firefox 15.0.1 for Mac and I do have the plug-in for WebDAV installed. I did not configure anything in the WebDAV, it was just installed automatically the first time I tried to open a MS-Word document and I did not change any configuration so far until now.
Please, can someone help by providing guidance on where the issue could be and how to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance!