Hi, I have a project which is designed to have a parent issue ticket and as the project is moved between statuses, different sub-tasks are created with a start/due date based on business days from the parent due date. This I have working fine, but I am trying to write an automation that will adjust open sub-task dates if the parent due date is changed.
My automation detects the due date change from the parent and calculates the new number of business days to change and inserts it into a Smart Value (DaysToShift), this is working from viewing logging:
{{fieldChange.from.toDate.diff(fieldChange.to.toDate).BusinessDays}}
I then have a rule which I am trying to update the Start Date and Due Date fields for any open subtasks. I have tried these values but I keep getting an error.
Start Date Value: {{issue.[Start Date].plusBusinessDays({(DaysToShift}})}}
Due Date Value: {{issue.duedate.plusBusinessDays({{DaysToShift}})}}
The error I get in the log is this:
Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:
Failed to get value for issue.[Start Date].plusBusinessDays({{DaysToShift: {{issue.[Start Date].plusBusinessDays({{DaysToShift}})}}
I am at a loss for why this does not work. I am hopeful this is something easy I am missing and someone here knows why.