Hi - I am very new to Jira. I am trying to create an automation that will update a field on my issue. I will attempt to explain, using generic capitalized field names:
In the NAME field, I want to concatenate values from the REGION, TYPE and DATE fields.
I want to reformat a value selected in the TYPE field and in the DATE field as part of the final concatenated value in the NAME field.
For example:
- TYPE can have values Type A, Type B or Type C
- Type A = A
- Type B = B
- Type C = C
- DATE uses the calendar lookup and produces the value MM/DD/YYYY
In the NAME field, I want to concatenate: REGION-TYPE-DATE
A final example of the value format in the NAME field would be: NAM-A-20221023
What syntax do I use in the NAME field to produce these results?