Hi @Ajanthan Muraleetharan
No you can't in the sense you want them to be. What you could do it to create a subtask called "Bug" or similar and then you will be able to have standard issue types as parents.
It is very common to work with defects as children of stories or development tasks.
I always make a Defect subtask and a Defect on story level. This way I can block development with the subtask while also have the option for defects not connected to development for exploratory and test like pentest and load tests.
I also have a separate issue type for Incidents that occur in production.
So, yes. You can add custom issue types for this purpose, but you need Site Admin access to do so.
@__ Jimi Wikman you can't add a parent to a bug. You could add a linked issue of a parent-child relation, but not an actual parent. To do that he has to create a bug subtask. And again story, out of the box, can't be a parent of a bug. Still a new subtask has to be created and named bug or similar.
That is why I described that I create custom issue type and never use the Bug issue type
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.