Hi, I need to create the automation to allow editing of a custom cascade field based on user permission (i.e. group)
Something like this
Hi @Natalia Trofimov
The best approach would be to:
Hi Alex, I tried it, and yes, it works but it is messing up with all my other automations and the issue security levels that are based on that custom field. they stopped working
@Natalia Trofimov morning!
For your rule to work I would keep only the components to edit the old value. The rest, as I see it, are obsolete. Then edit the issue and use the advance editing field and enter the following JSON:
{ "fields": { "YOURFIELDNAME": { "value": "{{#changelog.YOURFIELDNAME}}{{fromString}}{{/changelog.YOURFIELDNAME}}"} }}
Replace the YOURFIELDNAME with your field.
Example of my rule below:
Hi Alex,
the automation didn't work for me well so I used your first approach with the workflow transition. I just added the "transition" in addition to "edit" and "create" in other automation rules on the value changes and it worked!
Thank you very much for your help!!!
Natalia
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.