Hello!
Is it possible to create help to fill in the defined fields that appear when the cursor is positioned in the field to be entered?
Thank you very much
Custom fields with defined lists have a default you can set for each field.
In my forms I add a tooltip in the form field Description before linking the Jira custom field, then set regex to auto display formatting help when the user begins typing in the field.
I don't quite understand what you're proposing, but I think it's not what I need.
Imagine that in the "Summary" field I need no special characters such as :, /, (, ... What I want is that when I position the cursor in the summary field, a help appears that says: "In the title, do not enter special characters such as :, /, (, ….”
I'm not proposing anything, Jira cloud does not allow JavaScript in the description field which is different than on-prem.
When you want to limit what can be entered into a field and you're using Jira cloud, the portal configuration outlined in my previous response is how I have successfully configured a field so no special characters will be allowed when a user enters a special character the regex help is displayed directly below the field, which is configurable - No special characters are allowed in this field.
For on-prem instances you can use Javascript.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-default-value-for-summary-field-in-jira-800692650.html
Limiting a field was an example to try to clarify my question, but I see that I have not succeeded.
My question, what I need to know, is if JIRA Cloud allows to include help to the fields.
This is the only way I've found to add custom help directly at the field level with a responsive message to the user.
OK. Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.