I am trying to create my first sprint in my backlog but there "Create sprint" button isn't there. I have the free plan.
Thank you for the help!
Hello @Taylor McLaughlin
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Can you confirm for us that you are on a Scrum board? In the navigation pane on the left do you see an "Active Sprints" option? Or if you click on the Reports option do you see any reports that specifically say they are "Sprint" reports?
Hi @Taylor McLaughlin and welcome to the community!
Your account needs the Manage Sprints permission. Take a look at the permissions scheme attached to the project and make sure that you're assigned to the group or role associated with that permission.
I am in a Company Managed project and I do not see an "Active Sprints" option. I think I am in a scrum board, I selected the backlog from the left pane. I do not see any reports that are "Sprint" reports.
I believe I have that permission. Here is a screen shot of my permissions
Thank you for the fast reply!
Does your user account have a Jira Software license? Software-specific functionality is only available if you have a product license.
Are you working with a Software project, Service project or Business project?
At the top of the navigation pane on the left, directly underneath the project name, do you see "Software", "Service", or nothing?
Can you show us a screen image?
There are a few things that could account for this issue.
As @Sam Nadarajan mentioned, you need to have a Jira Software license.
Additionally, you need to be working with a Software project. Business projects have Kanban boards.
If you have a Jira Software license, are working with a Software project, and it is a Company Managed project, and you have a Backlog screen but you don't have the Active Sprints option, then you are working with a Kanban board rather than a Scrum board. You can make an additional board that is a Scrum board for the project if that is the type of board you want.
Thank you everyone! The problem was that I was using a kanban board and not a scrum board. Once I created a scrum board I was able to create sprints. Thank you again for all the quick answers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.