All - previous DC and Server Confluence versions there was a way to set a "retention" policy for page versions. Does that ability still exist in Confluence Cloud?
THANKS - Keith
Here is some documentation I found: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/set-retention-rules-to-delete-unwanted-data-1108681072.html
@Keith Kennedy I cannot say why (although I can guess) but retention rules apply only to Server and Data Center. Data in Confluence Cloud is perpetual and requires manual archiving or deletion when you no longer want/need the data.
@Keith Kennedy did I answer your question? If so, please consider clicking the Accept answer button to mark it as accepted.
Thank you.
Andy - yes, and no. Not much of a responses but THANKS .
@Keith Kennedy From what I've seen through the Rest API documentation on Confluence Cloud, retention is at the page level, not version. Setting a retention policy around specific versions of pages does not appear to be possible in the Rest API and I suspect not possible in the product in an automated way (since automation is built on the Rest API generally).
If you are looking for an overall retention policy manager, check out Content Retention Manager for Confluence in the Atlassian Marketplace. It may help in other ways like a global retention service, compliance to ISO/SOC2, or even just as a space/clutter saver for your Confluence space. Let me know if I can help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.