Confluence has a great built-in macro for inserting a list of Jira issues on a page, but it is not very flexible in how it renders the list. I would like to be able to arbitrarily customize the renderer to be able to show the list in other ways. For example, maybe I want to highlight issues that are past due or I want to show each issue in a more compact "card" style instead of all of the data in a single row.
I looked in the marketplace and didn't find anything that does quite what I want, so I suspect that I'll need to make a custom add-on. Ideally, I would love to start with the code for the built-in Jira macro and just customize the renderer, but I haven't been able to find the code.
Does anyone know where I can get the code for the built-in renderer, or know of an open-sourced add-on I could build on so I don't have to re-invent from scratch? Or is there a marketplace add-on I overlooked that does what I want? Or have ideas for a different strategy for customizing the layout?