I need a JQL query to pull only 1000 issues from a specific single project.
Hello @Kamal H_ SAGER
Welcome to the community.
JQL does not support letting you specify a number of issues to search for. You specify the criteria that will be used to find matching issues.
Can you provide more information about the problem you are trying to solve?
I guess that have no way to limit return results, but you could limit the date, worked to me. You would need add this flag at end of your JQL: created > endOfDay()
Example:
Return issues from TEST project created at 2 days ago
project = TEST and created > endOfDay(-2d)
Return issues from TEST project created at 3 weeks ago
project = TEST and created > endOfDay(-3w)
Return issues from TEST project created at 1 year ago
project = TEST and created > endOfDay(-1y)
You could use various smilar syntaxes too, like:
put the ">" after create word to know all options available.
I hope I've helped!
Hi @Kamal H_ SAGER
You can export the filter result into Excel/CSV. In the exported file you will have the first 1000 issues due to export limitations.
Hey Trudy,
I am connecting JIRA with Tableau by using Tableau Pro plugin & I got this error:
“This datasource will pull 8830 issues from Jira, but your organization allows to pull only upto 5000 issues. Please adjust the QL to fetch lesser number of issues or contact your Jira administrator to increase the limit“
Is there any way to reduce the number of pulled issues other than filtering! Thank you
I have not worked with Tableau before, but I would think the solution would be in the statement from the message "Please adjust the QL".
Is the QL something you set on the Tableau side or in the Tableau Pro plugin that specifies which Jira issues to get? I'm just guessing that Tableau pulls data from Jira, so you have to configure Tableau to request less data by adjusting the QL so it matches to fewer issues.
Thank you @Trudy P Claspill I did use the filter to reduce the number of issues, I thought there was a JQL statement that can do the job!
"issue key" ~ "[project key]-1*"Then repeat for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.