I know Confluence OnDemand is extremely limited in what Atlassian allows. Is it possible to get usage statistics? I want to be able to see who is going where so I can tailor content.
It looks like there should be a Usage Statistics plugin for onDemand, but I can't figure out how to turn it on. I will follow-up if I find anthing.
Hi Sean,
There are some plugins
The best I found so far is
http://www.customware.net/store/confluence/tracking_plugin.html
Also you can use popular content, usage statistics macros.
Google analytics works fine if you know what you are doing and how to get most out of it.
Cheers,
Selcuk
Sean and Selcuk,
Plugins cannot be added to Confluence OnDemand, that would require hosting your own instance locally. There is no way to accomplish this with the OnDemand product.
Thanks,
-dave
Hi Anne,
That's particularly difficult on a hosted solution with shared infrastructure as we can't allow any access to the file system, and it's difficult to open the platform to plugins as it is always on the latest and greatest software, which changes regularly. At this point, gathering usage statistics would require moving to a downloaded version and hosting it in house, where you could customize as much as you'd like with plugins, Google Analytics code, or even extending the source code.
I am surprised that there is NO metrics whatsoever, even built in to 5. Metrics in todays world is MOST valuable. I am very disappointed. Seems like going backwards. Is there any type of solution Dave that you can point me to?
Yes Dave, I understand that. Thanks. We have an internally hosted version, but we were checking our options for using on Demand. Thanks for the quick response. I know you have a suggest a feature area, I would be happy to post this there. Thanks for your time.
Those options would work for the hosted version but onDemand doesn't allow users to install plugins or add customHTML to themes.
According to the documentation it's disabled by default due to it's impact on larger instances. If you want it turned on the system administrator (i.e. Atlassian) has to turn it on for you.
No sadly Atlassian is the only System Administrator for onDemand instances to prevent users from breaking anything. Users can be Confluence Administrators which grants them the ability to do pretty much everything except changes that will effect the system like enabling or disabling system plugins.
Oh, I thought that the system administrator was the person with admin bits on the on-demand instance, probably from the listing of available plug-ins. It is just not part of that list. I take it that there is an administrator from Atlassian that I should try to track down then?
The page have moved to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/View+Space+Activity
We've created an add-on that gives you some really good usage statistics in Confluence Cloud. It includes an overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page.
You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud
It's many years later, but I hope it helps you and the next person.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.