Hi there. I'm using Confluence Cloud for documentation and have recently discovered that the search bar for pages is case sensitive. Is there a way to disable this to make the search case-insensitive?
Hi @Thomas Flair
Could you post a screenshot of this behavior please?
When I search in Confluence the casing doesn't matter
Here is an example for the term bvt. The results vary depending on how many times it is capitalized or not in the article. Further more my research about for other versions of confluence says that these fields are in fact case sensitive.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf711/confluence-search-syntax-1044782023.html#:~:text=Confluence%20search%20fields,-This%20table%20lists&text=Fields%20are%20case%20sensitive%2C%20so,appears%20in%20the%20table%20below.&text=Searches%20for%20pages%20that%20contains,the%20macro%20you're%20after.
There was also an article about "AFK, but when searching "afk", it did not show up at all.
@Charlie Misonne
Hi Thomas,
The search results seem to be different indeed although it is not mentioned on the Cloud documentation (your article is about Confluence on prem).
I'm unable to find any feature request about case insensitive search. You can always create one on https://jira.atlassian.com/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.