Context:
I have a custom field called 'qa/testing requirements'.
This field has been set up with a configuration scheme so that a specific default value is populated in the 'create' screen for a specific project and issue type (test sub-task).
I want a different default value to populate on the same project but a different ticket type called 'test' so that this ticket type has a different template to a 'test sub-task'
Problem:
I cannot add 'test' to the same configuration scheme as it will populate the incorrect template (default value).
But if I go to add a new context (configuration scheme), the project I am looking for does not show up on the list which leads me to believe that because I have already set up a configuration scheme for that project, I cannot create another one - even though the other one would be for a different ticket type.
Question:
Can anyone tell me if that is the reason?
And if so, are there any suggested workarounds to:
- use Automation to add the desired template post ticket creation - which is not the ideal solution
- use a different custom field specifically for this ticket type where I would be able to create a new configuration scheme with its own default value
And if I'm incorrect then what am I missing?
I would have thought this was something that Jira would allow you to do.