Hi there,
I am following the steps in this workaround to find the 'user' for a new record in Insight when the user exists in Jira
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/update-user-type-attribute-of-an-insight-objects-using-automation-after-import-1141505554.html
The automation triggers fine but the email variable contains every email for every user in insight so it isn't limited to the record that is created.
Is there a step missing from the Branch to the variable create, how is it meant to be limited to just the new object and not all the objects.
@Ste404 -
Based on the KB article, the first step of the automation means that the rule will only fire upon object creation-
So, I am unsure what you mean by "be limited to just the new object and not all the objects". Can you provide additional information, so I can evaluate further?
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hey there,
Yeh I have a global rule. Per the screenshot I created a new record in insight, AdeleV and the automation rule fired, but then it proceeded to loop through every single record in insight and update everything it could find.
I thought it should have only found and acted upon 1 record, the one that was created - Adele.
In the branching IQL - give this a try
objectType = "People" and Email is Empty
I have not try the KB setup yet on my end, so I cannot be 100% certain.
Best, Joseph
Hey,
No the point of the automation is to capture the email for a created object in Insight, that is the basis of the lookup so it HAS to be not empty.
I just don't see where the automation only acts on a single created object in Insight, there doesn't seem to be anything that limits it. The trigger just seems to act on the whole schema when something is created within that schema
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.