After a bug is closed there are often a number of tickets that need to be worked on to ensure that this does not happen again and/or to clean-up any related issues caused by the bug.
I would like to build an automation rule (or rules) that adds a label to any ticket (for the purposes below I will use "task") that is linked to a Bug so that we are able to identify what % of them get completed throughout the year.
I've been able to build the following rule:
- When you are in a task and link that task to a Bug, add a label to the task:
- Trigger: Issue Linked
- Condition: Issuetype = Bug
- Branch: For Destination Issue
What I am having trouble with is figuring out the condition for:
- When you are in a Bug issue type and link a task, add a label to the task.
Key things to consider:
- The trigger for "Issue Linked" uses the following rule:
- Rule executes when an issue is linked to another issue. {{issue}} will always refer to the source issue, so if ISSUE-A is blocked by ISSUE-B, this rule will execute on ISSUE-B. To access ISSUE-A, use {{destinationIssue}}, and to access the link type, use {{linkType}} (e.g. {{linkType}}
Some workarounds I've put in place for now:
- Within the Bug issue type, when a manual trigger is selected add a label to any/all of its linked issues
- When a Bug is updated (i.e. status changed, assignee updated, etc.), add a label to any/all of its linked issues
- For some reason linking a task to the Bug does not trigger the rule. Therefore you have to actually make a change to the ticket itself (i.e. status, some other field).
Any ideas?