I want to create a new field through automation in Jira. I use this guide https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/Trigger - task createdCondition - Planned start date is not null Planned end date is not nullNew field - {{[Planned start date].diff([Planned end date]).[days ]}}I have a question under what conditions is a new field created? Is there a bug in my automation? Where will I see this new field?
Hi @Ivan Andrieiev - Automation does not create fields. You would need to create the field yourself and then reference the new field in your automation rule. Assuming your project is configured as "Company-Managed" and have Jira admin rights and you'd create the new field here:
https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa
Got it, thanks, I'll try to do it.
@Mark Segall
Sorry, I created the field, but it is calculated like that, maybe I need to do something else?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.