Our company policy requires us to test backups and the restore process periodically. e.g. once a year.
Given there are no automated backups of JIRA Cloud, I manually complete and download a JIRA for Cloud Backup each week and store that file in a remote location.
To test the backup I intend to create a new instance of our JIRA Software platform in JIRA Cloud, restore the backup and confirm that the data is visible. I will then delete that test instance once the tests are complete.
I want to ensure that I keep the test file away from the primary production instance.
My questions are:
- Will this approach work and is it the best method to test the cloud backups work?
- Are there any licencing implications of second up a second instance of JIRA Software in the cloud (albeit temporarily)? It's the same set of users.
- Are there links to official pages/documents to validate any answers to these questions.
Thanks for your help!