I have an IT Helpdesk project.
When a ticket is closed. Sometimes, a customer will comment on the closed ticket if they have further work to add to it. I would like this to reopen the ticket.
I did this by creating an automation, which when a customer comments, it changes the status from 'Closed' to 'In Progress'. This is great and works, however when the transition from 'Closed' to 'In Progress' exists in my workflow, I cannot close any tickets. The state changes to closed, but the SLA timer does not end. I remove the transition, this then allows me to change the status to Closed and the SLA timer ends with the green tick. Obviously then the automation will fail though as no transition from Closed to In Progress exists.
My question is is it possible to have a transition from the the Closed status without it stopping me being able to actually close tickets?