I want to capture the info for how tickets are submitted in our ticket reports. I know that you can include request-channel-type in JQL so I was hoping I could fill in a single-select custom field with the correct channel type using an automation when a ticket is created.
I was hoping I could potentially use a smart value like {{issue.request-channel-type}} to create if-else conditions in the automation. Both that and {{request-channel-type}} don't return anything (checked using automation's Log Action),
The only other solution I can think of at the moment is using a scheduled trigger to make use of the request-channel-type in JQL and then update the custom field that way.
JQL I'm planning on using for schedule trigger: project = {{project-key}} AND request-channel-type = {{type}} AND "{{custom-field-name}}[Dropdown]" is EMPTY
I'll have to make a different automation for each type which is kind of annoying but seems like the only way I can do this. I'm also open to using the webhook functionality in automation to access info from the API but I don't see it listed anywhere in the documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/.
Anyone else have any experience trying to incorporate the Channel Type into other fields, automations, or workflows?