Hi Everyone.
I need help using the !~ operator when it comes to finding tickets via JQL based on comments.
Here is my JQL:
project in (A, B, C, D, E, F) AND status in ("Waiting for Approval", "Waiting for approval") AND resolution = Done AND comment !~ "Help Desk"
Basically, I want to show tickets that are Waiting for Approval (with resolution reason of Done) where they don't contain a comment featuring the string "Help Desk".
This is so that I know I can then add a reply to them to follow up.
However, when I run this JQL, which does run, it still shows the tickets where I have already followed up with the full comment 'Help Desk update, this ticket will be closed soon'.
Surely, they should be removed? That is what I am trying to acheieve.
If I change the JQL to use ~ then no tickets are displayed:
project in (A, B, C, D, E, F) AND status in ("Waiting for Approval", "Waiting for approval") AND resolution = Done AND comment ~ "Help Desk"
I just read in the Atlassian docs about !~ that *If the issue contains more than 1 comment, this operator will fail, because all comments will be included in the search" - which is what seems to be happening, it fails as there are multiple comments, so how can I do what I am trying to achieve?
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, happy to answer any questions - thanks!