I am using confluence server 7.13.7. Is there a way through which I can get a user’s username through the user’s mail?
Hi @Dishant Sharma
You could get it by using scriptrunner. What do you want to achieve?
Hi @Dishant Sharma ,
In the Users&Security->User you can search a user based on username or email. So, as a Confluence Admin, if you go to Administration -> User Management -> Users you can perform that action by yourself.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- thank you so much for the reply. Actually, I want to get a user's name on the basis of their email. I will have the list of user emails in a confluence instance and I want to fetch their username so that I can use it for making other API calls to get some more details about that particular user. I will also have the required administrative privileges to make such API calls.
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was looking for a REST API so that I can use the returned username inside my code.
@Dishant Sharma I don't get it..
A user will send you an email.
You want from that email to get the users' username automatically (?).
And make some API requests.
Correct?
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- Yes, I want the user's username.
you can try this Rest API https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/9.3.0/#api/2/user-findUsers
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ the API you provided is for Jira, but @Dishant Sharma is asking for Confluence. Unless the latter really wants for Jira and he mistakenly stated Confluence. Can the above work for Confluence?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.