Trying to set up a project and following Jira tutorial. Step one fails, as there is no "Create" option under projects.
Hi @David Stephens , welcome to the community.
it is likely that you do not have permissions to create projects. Are you an admin?
I have no clue, since I've never used Jira. Where can I get some actual documentation on how to use this product?
Hi David,
You need to be Jira admin to create a project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-new-project/
Hi @David Stephens welcome to the community.Here's a getting started article.
Hi @David Stephens
In Your User Profile Check that you are Admin or Not?
If you are not Admin, then you don't have access for creating project and you can contact your jira Administrator and ask for help.
If you are an Admin, then in project settings check your Browse-Administrative-Project permission and grant it to yourself.
Here is the Article that help you getting started with jira
JIRA Documentation | Jira Software Data Center and Server 6.1 | Atlassian Documentation
hi @David Stephens ,
Please have a look here - not-able-to-create-new-project-in-jira
ultimately I suspect that you are not a Jira administrator and you will need to find and speak to this individual if you wish to have a project created.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.