Is it possible to have the "Include archived content" option set as default in search?
@Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud there is no way to change that default setting. While I cannot be sure, it makes sense that most archived content is not intended to be part of the caching that goes on behind the scenes for search, and changing that option to default would not align with the way that archived content is stored and recalled.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. Yes, it makes sense, I was just investigating the possibilities as we have a lot of pages we need to get "out of the way" but still have access to. I guess I'll just keep communicating the need to include archived content via advanced search.
A big reason for archiving is actually to remove the content from the searches! That's why you can't default it - there's no point in archiving pages if you are going to carry on searching for them.
With the sheer numbers we're talking in our space, getting a vast number of pages out of the everyday paths we walk, is necessary. But occasionally, someone will be looking also for pages that have been archived. But ofc, the pages that are frequently used, will remain in the base, or restored if their use changes.
Hi @Jill Skjøndal Grefsrud ,
you can't put in place that. An archived content is archived so it is normal that it will not appear by default in your search.
Fabio
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.