if i have a date start date and end date, will I be able to compare the number of days between them with the help of some means, and create a separate column in the filter?
Hi @Ivan Andrieiev
You can compare the dates with automation for Jira and the result can be added to another CF.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/
Cheers,
Melo
Hi @Melo
And there is an article on how exactly it can be used? I don't quite understand.
Sure here is an article with the basics of Automation for Jira
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation
Let's say you are filling theses fields upon creation
Trigger: Issue Created
Condition: you need to reduce the scope so let's say Project = XYZ and "start date" is not EMPTY and "end date" is not EMPTY
Action: Select the output field (You need to create on custom field){{[date1].diff([date2]).[unit]}}
Replace date1 and date2 by the date fields you want to compare, unit can be days, hours and etc...
Thank you, I will try.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.