I have multiple backlogs which I need to update in Excel every week .I am doing it one by one . Can I do mass upload and get the status ?
Hello @Ahsan Hameed
Welcome to the community.
Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do.
Are you trying to update Jira with information from Excel, or update Excel with information from Jira?
Are you trying to keep data between Excel and Jira synchronized? Do you have an app to support real time integration between Excel and Jira?
As Trudy pointed out, it is not clear what is the direction of your data transformation.
If it is Jira Cloud to Excel, use this app which allow exporting from the Issue Navigator, from the backlog and even from boards: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Actually there are multiple backlogs in my excel and I have to update their status one by one from Jira . What I would like to do is to upload all of them in Jira and got their updates instead of doing one by one.
I am still unclear about where you data exists and where updates are being made and coming from.
You said "there are multiple backlogs in excel".
That tells me you are storing some sort of data in Excel files.
You said "and I have to update their status [backlogs in Excel] one by one from Jira".
That implies that you have the same data in Jira, that it gets updated in Jira, and that you then are manually copying updates from Jira to your Excel files.
You said you would like "to upload all of them in Jira".
Your previous statement indicates the data is already in Jira.
You said "and get their updates instead of doing one by one".
So, I am very confused.
It sounds like you have data stored in two places - Excel and Jira.
It sounds like data is being updated in Jira.
It sounds like you are manually copying the data from Jira back to your Excel files.
What value is added by having the data stored in two places? Why do you need to update the Excel data? Why not just reference the Jira data in Jira directly?
If you need the current information about Jira issues in Excel, you can do that by exporting data from Jira to Excel. You don't need to manually copy data between the applications.
Can you explain your use case from start to finish, starting with when and where you originally create your data, and the details of when/where/how the data is getting updated?
Actually situation is that they have copied the data manually for 65 backlogs in excel with status . Now we have to update status manually for each backlog. These backlogs are from different releases and projects.
What I am asking is can we import backlog numbers in bulk from excel to Jira and get their status and export back to Excel.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.