I'm looking for to create an issue from my account to another JIRA account, and I don't know if this is possible.
Hi @Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez
just to clarify that we are on the same page:
with „in another account“ you mean create an issue „in the name of another user“ within the same jira instance/site?
BestStefan
@Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez If you're wanting to create an issue in another instance, you would need to use the Trigger Webhook automation action and create an issue over the API
Here are some links which may help:
Create an API token - you will need to do this in your destination account, encode it and then will use this Basic auth token in your triggering webhook authorization
Create issue over the API
Hi, @Stefan Salzl
I mean, in a different instance, I need to replicate some when are created issues using Automation and I don't know if it's possible to do.
So if it‘s a whole different site (which means the 2 instances have different domains) it‘s not possible with simple jira automation actions. If you are familiar with Rest API you I guess it would be possible.
Thank you so much for your answers, @Stefan Salzl
Thank you, @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Let me check this option to try to implement it.
I believe I am having a similar issue. I created an automation that creates a new issue on a different board/project in the same instance when a certain label is used. However, it does not copy over the summary, description or attachments. Any ideas?
Hi @Adam Rivera
My first guess without knowing the details would be that it’s a single project rule. In lrder to process in other projects than the one the rule was triggered the rule needs to be configured as a multi-project or gloabl rule. This can be done in the rule details.
@Adam Rivera And if ^this is the case, you will need to amend this project scope via the global automations page (System > Global Automation), by selecting 'Multiple Projects' and then adding both the triggering and receiving projects to the scope in the Rule Details section
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.