I have a list of backlog items and am getting more organised by placing them into Epics now. I'm unable to find a way to make existing Tasks a child issue of an Epic.
According to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHb3O5mH-PU I should be able to click "Child Issue" and search for an existing backlog issue there. However I only ever get the "What needs to be done box", there doesn't seem to be the ability to search for existing issues: (Screenshot: https://ibb.co/0fLcjtq)
Also, I've searched the help docs, where the first result has the following preview:
"
Add issues to epics on the roadmap - Atlassian Documentation
There are two ways to add issues to your epics: On the roadmap To add an issue, hover over an epic and click + Add a child issue. On the issue details Click on an epic to see more details: Epic color: View the color of an epic. Add a child issue: Use the quick-add button to add the first child issue to your epic. Add more issues: Once you have ...
"
However when I click on the link, I end up on a page that talks about scheduling of Epics instead: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-issues-to-epics-on-the-roadmap/
Thanks for any help.